cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't allow me to apply for jobs

Benjamin K Member Since: Feb 12, 2015
1 of 6

When I search for new jobs I can see the full job posing but the apply button has been replaced with one that says "Your profile is being reviewed. It must be approved before you can apply to jobs." I have been on odesk since December and currently work for a company through odesk. This all started when My wife went to start an account on Odesk. Can you please tell me whats going on why has my account been locked.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

oDesk's automated algorithms are reacting negatively to your wife's account. The algorithms have flagged and limited your account because you are being perceived as somebody who is violating oDesk's policies, such as the policy that every user should only have one oDesk account.

It is possible that you may receive help from an oDesk moderator who reads these forum posts. But it is likely that your account status will not be changed back to allow you to bid on jobs until you contact customer support and work things out.

(Note that this is all pure conjecture on my part. I am not an oDesk representative and I do not have access to oDesk back-end algorithms or information, so I can't actually verify these theories.)

One thing I can tell you for sure is this: Your profile photo has two people in it. oDesk doesn't want to see that. Post a photo with ONE person's face in it: yours.

The photo you are using clearly has the face of another person in it as it is displayed here in the community forum. On your oDesk profile page, the photo is cropped in such a way that that other person's face is mostly visible, but I can tell that there was another person's face in the photo before you centered and cropped the image using the oDesk photo uploading tool. Crop out the other person's face BEFORE you upload the photo to oDesk.

Also, if you have a problem with your account, you conact customer support. If your wife has a problem, she contacts customer support. Do not attempt to assist each other. After you get this problem straightened out, be careful to not refer to other oDesk contractors (including your wife) when you work with customer support. Don't give them a reason to suspect you are maintaining two separate accounts.

If you share a computer, make sure you set up separate user profiles on the local computer, and log into oDesk from separate user profiles.

Benjamin K Member Since: Feb 12, 2015
3 of 6

Yeah appreciate it. I will reach out to them and see whats going on. We don't use the same computer but we share the same internet connection. So that Might be the flagg for them. Even though separate profiles.

Ilyas I Member Since: Feb 12, 2015
4 of 6

Here is the same problem with me. i can't apply for jobs. please someone help me

Sujith M Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
5 of 6

how to approved before can apply to jobs.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

Sujith,

As I discuss here, your profile has severe problems which may prevent it from being approved. Ever.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS