cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering if this is legit (Invitation for interview)

Highlighted
Laura S Member Since: May 23, 2016
1 of 2

Got this invitation today:

"Hi Laura, My name is Milan Zic. I'm an Upwork Project Success Recruiter.  I help our newest clients find the best freelancers for their job postings.  I'm currently assisting [clients name] in finding an outstanding freelancer to fill the job "[name of job]".  Based on your background and skills, I thought you might be interested in this opportunity. I encourage you to review the job posting and apply to learn more about the role! Please direct all your messages to the client. They will be managing the job. Thank you. Happy Working, Milan Zic Upwork Project Success Recruiter"

The actual job posting is only one sentence. If this is legit, I would encourage Milan to help the client by making their job posting more appealing. Milan himself seems to exist, but wondering if someone is using his name or is this a real job? Smiley Happy

I'm new on Upwork, but this kind of rings bells for some scamming attempt. What do you guys think? 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

Hi Laura,

I can confirm this is a legitimate invitation and our team is helping the client with posting their first job on Upwork. I'll follow up with the team to check if we've requested the client to provide more details in the job description.

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS