🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wondering why would someone propose just $5 f...
Page options
b38e5f22
Community Member

Wondering why would someone propose just $5 for a huge and labor intensive project!

After enrolling myself into the Freelancer Plus membership, I am able to see the Bid ranges for all projects.

But I am very much annoyed by the fact that some freelancers are always there to quote  $5 for any kind of job posted out there. It does not matter to them if it is a labor intensive and huge project also. Even when the Client has practically declared the budget as $500 or even higher sometimes, there are these low Bids showing as $5

I am assuming the average Bid takes into account this lowest bid also in it's calculation and so I am not seeing a reailstic range and median with which I can plan my bidding for winning any project. 

This does not ony happen with the lower side but at the higher side as well. There is always some unrealistic highest bidding, For ex., Bid of $800 where the client's budget is just $100

Upwork Freelancer plus membership costs $15 that comes with $12 worth of connects and remaining $3 is, for what I assume nothing more beneficial than to be able to see this bid range.

But because of these impractical bidding at the both end of spectrum it has been no use for  me at all.

I am wondering if they are even real freelancers who quote after going through the job description or it is an autobot designed to submit proposals with $5, no matter whatever is the quantum of work defined?

Is there anything Upwork can do to stop this behaviour?

If this is not stopping I will better stay away from membership program by which I can get 30 more connects if and when I need

4 REPLIES 4
data_divas
Community Member

The people bidding $5 are probably not sending the best proposals with the best experience for the project.  The client will see it.

Just bid your price for the project. It's very often the case that the lowest bid does not win.

It's no use to pay $5 to freelancer that can't do the job, the clients know this. They don't want to waste their time.  I wouldn't consider any freelancer bidding $5 for a large job to be your competition, it's best to ignore them.

Thanks Julie. 

For sure, I would not consider them as my competitors for the same reason as you rightly mentioned.

But am I right to say that this ability to see the bid range by enrolling into membership program does not benefit me in this case?

Nixon Babu M wrote:

But am I right to say that this ability to see the bid range by enrolling into membership program does not benefit me in this case?

Bingo.

It's useless.

Julie J wrote:

The people bidding $5 are probably not sending the best proposals with the best experience for the project.  The client will see it.

Or they have a better understanding of the bidding strategies in a market where there are many competitors.  The price on the proposal only reflects the price a freelancer is willing to show publicly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members