🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Work Diary Issue
Page options
sullivan_shannon
Community Member

Work Diary Issue

Hi, I am having issues with the diary.  I attempted yesterday to add my hours for the week and got only the option to go from 12 am to 1:30 am and still have that today.  I can't edit the hours anywhere including in the email from upwork to check my hours.  So now it shows I only have 2 hours and 20 minutes rather than over 20.  Any help please.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

When the week is over, you can no longer edit the work diary. You can only edit or add hours to the CURRENT week.

The week ends at the same time for everybody: midnight GMT.

This means that for me (I live in Arizona), the week ends at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday evening. For you, it might be different, depending on your time zone.

Upwork freelancers who understand the system add their hours immediately after a work session is over. We do not wait until later.

AND ALSO:

What happens if you do a whole bunch of work on Monday? And you spend a lot of time on Tuesday? And your plan is to log your hours on Friday. But then the contract is closed on Wednesday! You are out of luck. All of the money for those hours would be gone, and there is nothing you could do about it other than to ask the client to pay you with a bonus payment. Which the client is allowed to do, or NOT do, as she prefers.

Thanks and understood, I am new and just trying to understand everything.  I actually still can't even do todays times as I only get the option to choose from 12 am to 1:30 am

Shannon:

What you are describing does not sound right to me.

And it does not reflect my experience when I personally added manual time today.

You may need to send us a screen shot or write a more detailed description if we are going to help you.

You should be able to add manual time for any past time block this week. As long as that time-block does not ALREADY have work logged to it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths