🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Work Diary Memo field size
Page options
katiecan1
Community Member

Work Diary Memo field size

Hello,

I use the Work Diary memo field to post details of manual time which I cut and paste from my own time sheet. A few months back the size of the field was reduced to 140 characters which is about half of what I would find ideal.

My work around is to post the details to the client using IM, but I much prefer when I could just post it to the Work Diary memo field.

Has anyone else run into this? Any chance the field size could be made larger?

Kind regards,

Kathryn

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Kathryn M wrote:

I use the Work Diary memo field to post details of manual time which I cut and paste from my own time sheet. A few months back the size of the field was reduced to 140 characters which is about half of what I would find ideal.

My work around is to post the details to the client using IM, but I much prefer when I could just post it to the Work Diary memo field.

Why would you need more? (realistically?)

Manual time is not in any way protected anyway, so no matter how much you write there, if the client does not feel like paying, you don't get paid.

Hi Petra,

I record the details of tasks so the client can see where my time has been spent, which can be quite a bit of information over the course of a day. I've been reduced to cryptic abbreviations due to the 140 chars limit.

So far, client non-payment has not been an issue.

Just thought maybe others were also finding the field length a bit awkward.

Best,

Kathryn

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members