🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Work Diary
Page options
zailacaba
Community Member

Work Diary

I worked for 4 hours earlier for one of my clients and 2 hours to my other client. My tracker was on & it took screenshots during my work but when I checked my diary, I saw that there were no tracked activities or saved screenshots! I am sure that I've turned on my tracker. Did this also happen to you? What else should I do? 

27 REPLIES 27
chandel_cnaina
Community Member

Hi, I have issues with a time tracker. I start the team from the last 40 minutes. But still, it's not captured any screenshots and not store in work dairy. Please let me know what to do now

Hi Naina,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article. If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

I have the same problem with Nina. I tried clearing the caches but still the problem persist. I have also reported the problem through help desk but no one did get in touch with me. I'm really hoping that somebody could help.

Best regards,

Alvin

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and we've received the tickets.

We'll follow up with the team, and you'll receive the update on your support tickets directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
honeygquimson
Community Member

My tracker is not working well. It always shows it's on and can't be turned off. Always says (time tracking stopped). No screenshots and no work time recorded. Does anyone know how it can be fixed? Thank you very much.

Hi Honey Grace,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have this issue too. Ever since the upgrade I can't log hours at all. Pain in the bum since I have to log manual hours now. Troubleshooting doesn't help. Report it to Upwork but  tell your client you need to log manual hours too.

Hi Natalie,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If none of the Troubleshoutuing tips shared in this help article were helpful in solving your concern. Please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the same Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
yrimu
Community Member

Hi, i also had the same issue and it still persists, the app does not take screenshots despite showing that it is tracking time. The current session is also greyed out.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wairimu, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to log time this week. Could you please confirm the date and time you are referring to when you were trying to log time to your contract so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zarine, 

I checked your account and I'm not sure what contract you are referring. I can see that you were able to track time for Contract ID 20663666. Are you referring to Contract ID 21692648? 

~ Avery
Upwork
zailacaba
Community Member

Hi Avery, 

Thanks for checking my profile.

I worked at 12 Midnight to 4 AM Philippine time for this client 21692648 and worked at 8 AM to 10 AM for the other client. 

I was able to track time again when I re-installed the tracker. 

I hope you would be able to help me out. 

Thanks,

Z

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zarine, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. I checked the Work Diary for Contract ID 21692648, and can see that the last time you logged time was last Sunday between 12am to 4pm in your local timezone. If you can confirm on your end that you logged time on Monday, and Tuesday in your local timezone, please file a ticket on your Upwork Desktop App by clicking on your name with the cog wheel, at the bottom of the app, and clicking on "Support and Feedback." It would be best if you can give all the information such as Contract ID, and name, local date, and the time of incident, and other pertinent information you can share. The team will receive your ticket, and will assist you once they have looked into this. 

Zarine, I would also recommend that you double-check your other contract, to check if you didn't log time in that contract by mistake. 

~ Avery
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zarine and Wairimu,

Following up to check if you need help with submitting support requests through the Desktop app, since we haven't received them on our end? We'd like to review the log files which will be automatically attached to the requests and confirm if there is an issue with the time you logged through the app or not.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
afifield
Community Member

It seems the time tracker is losing connection again and the site is half working and half not. There is also a problem with the status page itself. Is someone from the Upworks team looking into it? 

I actually made this thread, that's odd, why am I not on the top of it? The time tracker, status page are not working at all correctly and it doesn't seem to be screenshoting or moving in time at all. 

The Upwork site is sometimes loading and sometimes not. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

Everything looks fine on our end currently, you can see the most recent status here. Please try to clear your cache and cookies and also try using another browser. Additionally, check your internet connection. 

Regarding the Time Tracker issue: Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
afifield
Community Member

I'm sorry, this was already tried and it isn't working. The status page isn't even loading and my time tracker itself is not working. It definitely is upwork and not something on my end. My Internet connection is working fine. 

The exact same thing as last week is happening and I really need to track time right now as I have something due in the am. 

It is also obvious from the thread here others are having issues too. The time tracker isn't taking screenshots at all. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

We currently have a known issue with the App taking screenshots but not uploading them to the Work Diary right away. It affects some users and our engineers are actively working to resolve it. Does that sound like what you are experiencing? Or the App itself is giving you errors?

~ Bojan
Upwork
afifield
Community Member

Well it took a screenshot, but yeah, it isn't going to the diary at all as far as I can tell so I have no idea if my time is going in or not, and also at the same time it is telling me the connection is lost to the app and the status.upwork.com was also not loading at all and the site itself was taking forever to load and did eventually. 

Also, after the screenshot goes off, it shows that it took it but time does not change at all for overall time in the week and also in the actual time today. It is stuck at 9:40 hours for the week and 1:10 for the day, and isn't changing. So unless I time myself I don't even know what is going in. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for following up with additional information. I'd like to suggest you try submitting support requests through the Desktop app, which will create log files for our support team's review. The log files will be automatically attached to the requests and confirm if there is an issue with the time you logged through the app or not.

Our team will follow up on your ticket directly and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
afifield
Community Member

I can confirm it suddenly began working again a little while after lunch. I guess it did just take a very long time for the screenshots to load, though my time actually started working too, something came up and said it was syncing and then everything started working again. If I have anymore issues I will be sure to do as you suggested and update here. 

lysis10
Community Member

The site was throwing timeout errors last night and running slow. I figured it was because it's Tues at 8pm EST and that's moneyyyyy time. When that happens, it seems the time tracker loses connection and you gotta wait for the screenshots to upload.

urbanblanco
Community Member

Hi,

For some reason my desktop app on Win 10 64 bit keeps crashing.

Has anyone had success resolving this issue?

I’ve reinstalled several times, changed internet connections and disabled certain startup services and I still can not get it to work.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide 👍🏻

Hi Charles,

Please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please try submitting support requests through the Desktop app, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for your quick response!

I will review the tips and see if they help.

Since the desktop app keeps closing, I’m not able to use it to get support. Is there an alternative option available?

Thank you for following up, Charles.

Yes, we'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members