🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Work History Not Updated for Public View
Page options
optimbro
Community Member

Work History Not Updated for Public View

Hi

I'm new to UpWork. In last 3 days I worked on two projects and got payment with feedback.

I can see my work history when I'm logged in, but when I see my profile as public view or in incognito window then my profile still has no work history, and no feedback.

How much time does it take to reflect for public view?

Thanks Team

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul, 

The purpose of our logged-out site is to give prospective clients and freelancers a feel for what Upwork has to offer so that they can decide whether to join our platform; it is not intended to reflect all the jobs and all the profiles available on Upwork. That's the role of the logged-in site, which is only visible to our registered users. To optimize the experience of prospective clients and freelancers on our logged-out site, we are sometimes selective about which jobs and profiles are visible.

We apologize if you are disappointed not to see your profile or job on the logged-out site. However, you can rest easy knowing that the vast majority of job invitations and job applications stem from visibility on the logged-in user site, not on the logged-out site. Therefore, your success on Upwork shouldn't be impacted by your visibility on our logged-out site.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Rahul K wrote:

How much time does it take to reflect for public view?

They won't.

To respect clients' privacy choices, contracts that arose from job posts that were posted as "Upwork users only" will never show to non-Upwork users.

Only contracts that arose from job posts that were posted with a visibility of "public" can be shown on your profile to non-Upwork users.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths