Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work History & Feedback update / error

Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
11 of 20

Finally, a change that was justified and desirable:

"I've noticed that jobs are now ordered by date when contract started... which isn't bad Smiley Embarassed This way, old contracts that I had to end recently are not showing at the beginning of the list."

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 20

But that also means most recent feedback at the end of your jobs. I don't believe this is very effective to read feedback for 3 years ago and lower earnings for some...

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
13 of 20

I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about this change, because the first page of my reviews actually looks better now than it did before the update.

But I don't like the fact that there was no mention of this update anywhere, and it does make the order of jobs slightly confusing. Not to mention that my filter is not working as it should...

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
14 of 20

Well they've changed it again... Jobs are now ordered by date when contracts ended. I just wish they could focus on solving issues (like portfolio thumbnail, etc), instead of playing around with our job history.

Isabelle first posted about this on Jan, 30 - February is ending, so, probably, this is something they do once per month, maybe when they're left with nothing else to do...

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
15 of 20
This is insane. There are so many real (and reported) bugs on this site that you'd think they'd pay attention to those.

But NO, I get told that one of the Portfolio errors will only get fixed in March... more likely never!!!
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
16 of 20

Olga,

Jobs have always been ordered by contract end date. Which to me is the way I would like to see it stay. I work long term clients. One of mine when they had the bug was at the bottom of the list so no one could see and one of my lowest paying jobs at the top of the list. 

It is now back showing the correct order.

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
17 of 20

@Suzanne N wrote:

Olga,

Jobs have always been ordered by contract end date. Which to me is the way I would like to see it stay. I work long term clients. One of mine when they had the bug was at the bottom of the list so no one could see and one of my lowest paying jobs at the top of the list. 

It is now back showing the correct order.

Yes, I know it's always been like that, Suzanne. I'd prefer to have them ordered by start date, but that's not main my point really. I was complaining about changing things apparently just for the sake of change, I don't know... I really don't care if they decide to keep it as it always has been, I just wanted them to decide something and stick to that. So, if this was a bug and next month things stay as they were [are now] I'm fine with that.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
18 of 20

Hi Olga and Isabelle,

I want to confirm Suzanne's statement that jobs have always been sorted by recency. We recently resolved an issue that was affecting the way some jobs appeared in Work History, so that's probably why you are under the impression that a new sorting order was implemented.

Kris T Member Since: Apr 13, 2016
19 of 20

I just received 5 stars and written feedback on my first job, and it is still not showing on my profile at all.  The project has been closed out on both sides, but the payments only go through once a week I think.  Is that why?

I'm applying for more jobs and it looks like I haven't done anything yet.  Smiley Sad

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 20

Hi Kris,

Yes, the contract will show on your Work History once a payment is processed. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS