cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Rates Getting low

Highlighted
Dipali B Member Since: Nov 22, 2011
1 of 3
Why most of the clients giving huge work for very less money? Now a days I noticed most of the big clients post their job for hourly 20 to 50 cents and also there is no value for experienced freelancers. There was a time when I got about 3 to 4 interview request everyday with fare budget, but now from previous 1 or 2 months there is no interview and even all of my about 80 bids are declined because they got freelancers for very low hourly wage. Are all these thing happening because of Filipino contractors? i saw a experienced Filipino contractor doing work for hourly 40 cents. Is this because we do not getting work for hourly 4 or 5 dollars? Any comment and suggestion will be highly appreciated. Regards Dip
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Nick M Member Since: Jul 12, 2011
2 of 3
The Filipino and Indian contractors do get a majority share of the work here on oDesk and a lot of them offer low rates; but let's keep in mind that most of the time on oDesk, a low rate usually results in a low quality of work. I know this through experience of the past few years on oDesk. I, pretty much every week, get a reply from a potential client who tell me they are interested in working with me, yet eventually hire a low-paid worker. Low and behold, a few days or weeks later they will get back in touch with me and ask me to work for them - I've started turning down these clients out of principal; if they don't see your value, they aren't worth your time. That aside, i'm still getting plenty of work at good rates but you're right, rates are getting lower and lower as more and more low-paid workers take to the internet to ply their trade. Just keep at it, people will see your value - you may need to re-think your application strategy.
Highlighted
Dipali B Member Since: Nov 22, 2011
3 of 3
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS