cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work again start

mjahan95
Mourin J Member Since: Aug 19, 2016
11 of 18

Yes it has long time. What can i do now for do work again that job?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
12 of 18

@Mourin J wrote:

Do not do anything. I hope that a moderator (someone who works for Upwork)  will help you soon.

colettelewis
Community Guru
13 of 18

@Mourin J wrote:

Mourin do you mean that you haven't worked here for a long time and now you want to start working again?

mjahan95
14 of 18

Yes

colettelewis
Community Guru
15 of 18

@Mourin J wrote:

Yes

OK so how many accounts do you have, one or two?

sam-sly
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
16 of 18

I see that Mourin completed a job in 2013, so I think she is using her original profile. (That is good since we cannot have more than one). 

Mourin, I just looked at your profile to see the kind of work you do, From what you wrote in this thread, I don't intend to be mean, but I think you might need to improve your English to get more work. I would not describe you as fluent in English based on your forum post. I think you are at a conversational level. Your English is better than my Spanish (the only other language I learned). So I am not judging you as a person. I do think that if you are doing research/data entry for English speaking clients, you will be more successful if you improve your English reading and writing skills.

I have seen some non-native English speakers link DuoLingo certifications in English to their profile. I played around with that app to refresh my Spanish, and it is a useful app. I guess I would suggest that, then and also retake your basic English skills. If I were hiring an international worker for research and data entry, I would also want to see scores in the English spelling and vocabulary tests. I think improving those skills would also help you write better proposals. Of course, this is a global marketplace so you may do well working with clients from your country as well. It just seems that most jobs are listed in English. 

UpWork is pretty competitive, and most proposals do not receive any response for newer freelancers. 

mjahan95
17 of 18

Yes mem. I think i understand what you want to say. I improve my English skile with a;so learn another language like you.

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 18

Hi Mourin,

It looks like your account was created a few years ago but you haven't used it for a while. You may want to revise your profile to make sure it's up-to-date and shows your current skills and experience. 

Check out the resources below as well as the Help Center and other threads here in the Community:

Enhance Your Upwork Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Building a Freelancer Profile

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS