🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Work as Upwork freelancer on F2 visa
Page options
laveenaprk
Community Member

Work as Upwork freelancer on F2 visa

I am on F2 dependant visa. Can I work as frrlancer on Upwork account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Laveena:
Upwork does not determine who is legally allowed to work in any given country.

We can't answer your question.

It depends on what country you are from, what your nationality is, what country you are in now, what your student status is, what your PRECISE Visa status is, the citizenship of your parents, your citizenship, your educational background, what kind of work you are going to do, where you were born, etc.

Upwork just says that if you are legally allowed to work, you are allowed to work through Upwork as a freelancer. Upwork asks its users to abide by local laws and regulations. Upwork does not make those laws and regulations.

Upwork employees would tell you to consult with your local experts and authorities to get a definitive answer about whether or not you can work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Laveena:
Upwork does not determine who is legally allowed to work in any given country.

We can't answer your question.

It depends on what country you are from, what your nationality is, what country you are in now, what your student status is, what your PRECISE Visa status is, the citizenship of your parents, your citizenship, your educational background, what kind of work you are going to do, where you were born, etc.

Upwork just says that if you are legally allowed to work, you are allowed to work through Upwork as a freelancer. Upwork asks its users to abide by local laws and regulations. Upwork does not make those laws and regulations.

Upwork employees would tell you to consult with your local experts and authorities to get a definitive answer about whether or not you can work.

Thank you Preston to take attentioto my question. I'll look forwad to the legal athourities. 

1ef04337
Community Member

Hi Laveena,

Even i have same question. Can u please let me know if you were able to get answer to your question from legal authorities?

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

I mean i was curious and just did a google search, and i bet you all know the answer already.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths