🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Work before being hired
Page options
louisevanwyk
Community Member

Work before being hired

Hi, I submitted a proposal and got this response. Is this the right procedure? It is not a payment verified (correct terms?) client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

If I do the work he can just redraw it on his computer sans my watermark, can't he? It sounds like he knows enough since he understands about Pantone colours etcetera. How do I go about rejecting this offer without negatively impacting on my profile?

Kind regards and thank you in advance.

Louise van Wyk

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Louise V wrote:

Hi, I submitted a proposal and got this response. Is this the right procedure? It is not a payment verified (correct terms?) client.

"Hi, are you able to create the logo & (watermark your work) prior of hiring.

It is a simple job. - If yes I will go ahead and send through the Logo for you to model off, the colour pantone & the brands name."

If I do the work he can just redraw it on his computer sans my watermark, can't he? It sounds like he knows enough since he understands about Pantone colours etcetera. How do I go about rejecting this offer without negatively impacting on my profile?

Louise van Wyk

Hi Louise, 

Do not  ever deliver work to a client without a formal Upwork contract in place. Your ratings will not be  impacted in any way if you  refuse the job. 

You ought to report the client, as he or she is clearly asking for free work. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
colettelewis
Community Member

Louise V wrote:

"Hi, are you able to create the logo & (watermark your work) prior of hiring.

It is a simple job. - If yes I will go ahead and send through the Logo for you to model off, the colour pantone & the brands name."

Louise van Wyk

Hi Louise, 

Do not  ever deliver work to a client without a formal Upwork contract in place. Your ratings will not be  impacted in any way if you  refuse the job. 

You ought to report the client, as he or she is clearly asking for free work. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members