cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work done and client declined my job

Brijesh H Member Since: Feb 25, 2014
1 of 8
Hi everyone, I did work for more then 20 hours for this client; Simple Job But Need Concentrate and Hardworking (262998597) and did get more then 3000 entries as mentioned in her message to be eligible for the minimum payment. When I requested for the payment, the client declined my proposal to work and did not send any payment to my paypals account. This client is fake. Please do not work for this client.
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
2 of 8
I swear it is the exact same post. Of course, you should report it to support. Also, before attempting to work on oDesk you should know that taking payment outside of oDesk can get you permanently banned. And don't work without an actual contract. For more help with figuring out how to make sure you get paid and don't get kicked off the site, check out the sticky posts at the top of this Freelancers forum.
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
3 of 8
[quote=Brijesh Handa] When I requested for the payment, the client declined my proposal to work and did not send any payment to my paypals account. This client is fake. Please do not work for this client.[/quote] You really should be careful what you post. Yes you might have the erring client banned from oDesk because of his/her nefarious ways, but you also might get kick out of oDesk for admitting to taking payment outside of oDesk. tsk. tsk tsk.....
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
4 of 8
You worked WITHOUT a contract + You expect to get paid via paypal = disaster in which no one can help you with, not even oDesk

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Ace Contributor
Pat P Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
5 of 8
I would not work outside of oDesk and actually feel more comfortable using oDesk to govern over the client / freelancer process. I had one client ask if it'd be alright if we work outside of oDesk and promptly said "no" My reason, for one I at least have some type of governing body to go to should I have a problem 2) if it's hourly I am guaranteed payment. Plus, why the hell would you do work without some type of contract? If there was a class on how to freelance I think that would be covered in the first day. I think you're screwed on the payment.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
6 of 8
From the OP's description, looks like it could be a CAPTCHA job
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
7 of 8
but it might not be CAPTCHA. Brijesh, If it is a CAPTCHA job, those is also not allowed on oDesk. Actually learning how to conduct business on the site you want to conduct business on seemed so over rated a few days ago, didn't it?
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
8 of 8
I see so many posts like this happening more often. YOU DO NOT work or accept payment outside this platform if THIS is where you and the client met each other. You can't expect help when you didn't follow the TOS to begin with, and I really have no sympathy at all. If contractors want to avoid adverse circumstances they should become familiar with the TOS here at Odesk before even attempting to look for work. As has been stated repeatedly, always check to see you have an active contract listed in your jobs before you do any work. NEVER GIVE FREE SAMPLES EITHER!!!!!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS