🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Work done, client not responding for final re...
Page options
rav1kant
Community Member

Work done, client not responding for final review

I did an hourly job for someone few days ago, and he said he liked it, that he is okay with everything when i sent him a sort of rough cut. Then I finished everything within the stated deadline and delivered it to him. And so far, it's been a full week of no response. Now, it might be too early to think that the client just won't ever respond, but just in case that happens, the contract is still open and in progress. How exactly does this sort of thing play out? Let's say the client in my case just doesn't respond and it's been more than 20 days or so. What happens then? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ravikant R wrote:

How long do you think I should wait before closing it myself? 

After a week or so, you can send a (ONE!) friendly reminder asking the client if there is anything else you can help them with right now and whether they would mind closing the contract if not, reminding them that they can easily rehire you if they need you again in the future, If they don't respond, close it yourself som while later. Don't bombard the client though and at any rate, an open contract with money paid doesn't hurt you. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Ravikant R wrote:

I did an hourly job for someone few days ago, and he said he liked it, that he is okay with everything when i sent him a sort of rough cut. Then I finished everything within the stated deadline and delivered it to him.

Let's say the client in my case just doesn't respond and it's been more than 20 days or so. What happens then? 

Nothing "happens" as such.

If you tracked your hours properly, you get paid and eventually close the contract yourself.

rav1kant
Community Member

Thank you, Petra. Yes, tracked all the 10 hours. It's a bummer for me because the client wrote in messages that he really loves the work and for me, this meant that there was a good chance he would leave feedback like that. For someone new like me, that's very useful. How long do you think I should wait before closing it myself? Sorry, I've never been in this situation before. Just asking in case that happens. Hopefully not! 

petra_r
Community Member

Ravikant R wrote:

How long do you think I should wait before closing it myself? 

After a week or so, you can send a (ONE!) friendly reminder asking the client if there is anything else you can help them with right now and whether they would mind closing the contract if not, reminding them that they can easily rehire you if they need you again in the future, If they don't respond, close it yourself som while later. Don't bombard the client though and at any rate, an open contract with money paid doesn't hurt you. 

rav1kant
Community Member

That makes sense, thank you. I will refrain from sending any messages because I did send one yesterday. Given the fact that this client has a history of past work with good ratings, I'll leave this job as it is. Open. Thank you Petra!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members