97% Job success

2 hours worked

28 jobs

After 15Sep15 it will be :-

Work History

97% Job success

2 hours worked

28 jobs

I do not feel that this display accurately shows Clients my Work History, and how I have been rated by the Clients I have worked for.

As it stands, this could be read as 28 jobs over 2 hours = average 4 to 5 minutes per job.  This is not the case, and I have spent many hours on "FixedPrice" jobs.

This gives no account of the majority of jobs I have done which have been "FixedPrice" and so because I choose mainly "FixedPrice" I am disadvantaged by this display.

It does not account for the many hours I have spent doing the "FixedPrice" jobs and I am therefore apparently excluded by the Clients who want Freelancers with 100+ hours history, and in fact Upwork warns me of this each time I apply for a job where the Client wants Freelancers with 100+ hours - including the "FixedPrice" jobs I apply for.

I would think that as a Client (I am not one) that I would want to see a "Work History" showing the Star-rating (which Upwork is removing), AND Job Success rating, AND Number of jobs "hourly", AND number of jobs "FixedPrice" as being more significant when trying to assess the potential of the Freelancer.

I would appreciate the views of others on my ponderings.

Regards, Frank

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 7

I agree with you, Frank.

It is inclined to give an inaccurate reflection, and I am in the same boat, with over 80 jobs completed. I also raised this question once and was told they were not going to change that at any foreseeable date. The CS person I spoke to at the time told me: do more hourly jobs - which in my specific field, are few and far between. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
3 of 7

star rating feedback looked like achivement. but JS looks like some statistics which you have to understand. 

Raitis S Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
4 of 7

I totally agree with all the comments so far. Yes, Job Success really seems like some statisic data whom understands only one who made it. It's not really understandable how it is calculated, there can be lot of reasons and really doesn't  say anything at all. Feedback rating gave real connection and human feel, now it just a number, nothing more.

I totally agree that is necessary to show how many fixed price jobs is done, because in many cases showing only hours can be missleading, because lot of persons are doing just fixed priced jobs.

For me seems like upwork is trying to do all, to be like labor exchange managment company not free market freelance platform.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
5 of 7

I've actually thought the same thing myself. I think anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out what's going on, but Upwork really should make it easier to asess both freelancer and clients. Knowledge is power.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jonathan P Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
6 of 7

If Upwork wants to make changes, they should be so that the community gets stronger. It feels like out of all of the changes going on, they're trying to enable changes that put the freelancers on the low end of the pole. The clients are where the money comes from, but we need to promote good clients while also giving freelancers the tools they need to be successful on this site. The changes that they are making is going to make it so that certain fields on here become near impossiable to get jobs on while also making it some many of the issues that exsit just become worse. I'm willing to bet that once this happens, anyone looking for a writing gig is going to end having to find work elsewhere.

Highlighted
Vikram S Member Since: Dec 14, 2015
7 of 7

I completely agree and even if someone notice that on job posting page all freelancer who made their bids, on roll over only hourly jobs display not completed fix price jobs. Until client go and visit each freelancer profile which is very hard every time. 

I think Up work system should give preference to fix price jobs too and show them with hourly completed jobs. Even the criteria for clients should be improve, minimum 100 hours is no where stand in front of 25 jobs.

Fix price jobs are equally important for everyone and it should be implemented soon.

Thanks,

Vikram

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS