🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Work history
Page options
mamadena03
Community Member

Work history

My profile says I have no work history but says I have four jobs in progress when I only have one job in progress. Why have the other jobs for which I have already been paid not been added as work history? 

11 REPLIES 11
tta192
Community Member

You have to wait a few days for the profile info to update, it's not in real-time.

It's been a really long time, over a month, but I don't have $100 in my Upwork account yet to get paid by them, so I'm wondering if that's why. The client paid me, but Upwork hasn't yet.

Dena Marie R wrote:
It's been a really long time, over a month, but I don't have $100 in my Upwork account yet to get paid by them, so I'm wondering if that's why. The client paid me, but Upwork hasn't yet.

You don't need $ 100 in your account yet to be paid. You can click on "Get paid Now" any time!! The $ 100 is only the minimum for automatic withdrawals.

Wow! Good to know! Thank you!
petra_r
Community Member

Dena Marie R wrote:

My profile says I have no work history but says I have four jobs in progress when I only have one job in progress. Why have the other jobs for which I have already been paid not been added as work history? 

Because they haven't been closed yet? Until a contract has been closed, it will show as "in progress" - Whether you have been paid or not just determines whether a contract shows on your profile at all. Jobs with nothing paid (yet) don't show at all.

Also, When Upwork tells you that you have no Work History, that may refer to your employment history, your professional background, in other words, previous jobs, employment, self employment etc.

Thank you. I think it might be that the contracts haven't been closed because they're still showing under contracts. How do I close them?

Dena Marie R wrote:
Thank you. I think it might be that the contracts haven't been closed because they're still showing under contracts. How do I close them?

If you are done with a project simply ask the client to close it and provide feedback.  Don't close it yourself and definitely don't close them all at once.  Clients tend not to provide feedback if the freelancer closes it.  A number of no feedback projects will have a negative effect on your JSS. 

Thank you. One client in particular sent me a very nice message and said she would leave a nice review for me, but apparently, she never closed the contract, and it seems that none of my clients have closed the contracts. 

Dena Marie R wrote:

Ask your client(s) to close them if the work has been done. You ideally want feedback.

And again, your work history is the section of your profile where you add your employment history. 

The jobs you have done so far on Upwork show on your profile within a few days after you received payment fro the client.

336b2b31
Community Member

I did a job 4 days ago. The client closed the contract and also gave me feedback which is visible to me in the crntract section and also the invoice is generated, still I can't see the job and his feedback in my work history. Why?

Hi Aniket,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths