Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work in progress

Ace Contributor
Jaime L Member Since: May 11, 2015
1 of 2

Hi all,

I have been working with a client ongoing for 5 months now. Today, he abruptly ended the contract, stating (in nicer words) that I was being replaced by software. I won't go into my frustrations about that though...

Since we are in the middle of the work week, does this affect the work I already completed this week? It's an hourly job.

Since he ended the contract I am no longer able to see my work diary. I just want to make sure I get paid for the work I did up until today.

Thanks.

Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

Hi Jaime,

Always remember what Penny said, "When one door closes, another opens up" and ignore Sheldon's words Smiley Happy

Having said that, all hourly contracts are gauranteed by Upwork. So no matter when your client ends the contract, the usual procedure will be applicable. That is, your work week will be closed by Upwork on Sunday midnight/ Monday early morning and will be sent to the client for review. Once he approves, you will receive your payment the week after.

I hope this helps and all the Best for your future job applications...Oops, sorry Upwork...future proposals. Cheers!!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS