🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Work offered off upwork
Page options
aab4510b
Community Member

Work offered off upwork

I was accountable for an interview and then accepted to do the job but then was told it was taken off of Upwork and I was going to do the job through them. Should I still take this job?
6 REPLIES 6
millermelanie
Community Member

Not unless you want to get kicked out of Upwork. Check the Terms of Service. If a client contacts you through Upwork, then the job must stay in Upwork. It's likely a scam, anyway.

Thanks for the info. This person is an Upwork Plus client so i was thinking it was legit. They told me the first part on the project is through them, the rest will be on Upwork...still sounds fishy, right?

Yes. Fishy.

I advise you to:

- block this person immediately

[or]

- use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page to report them

[or]

- do both

I've never heard of such a practice, so, yes, it smells quite fishy.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keri,

I checked the job you are referring to and it looks like it's already been canceled for violating Upwork TOS. You'll notice that the Message room with the client has also been archived. Please, check out the tips in this post to make sure you stay safe and protected while working on Upwork.

Also, please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes i flagged it when advised to do so. I appreciate you looking into it. Since I’m new here it makes me feel better I didn’t give up a job offer for nothing.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths