cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work offered off upwork

Highlighted
Keri G Member Since: Mar 28, 2020
1 of 7
I was accountable for an interview and then accepted to do the job but then was told it was taken off of Upwork and I was going to do the job through them. Should I still take this job?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
2 of 7

Not unless you want to get kicked out of Upwork. Check the Terms of Service. If a client contacts you through Upwork, then the job must stay in Upwork. It's likely a scam, anyway.

Highlighted
3 of 7
Thanks for the info. This person is an Upwork Plus client so i was thinking it was legit. They told me the first part on the project is through them, the rest will be on Upwork...still sounds fishy, right?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7

Yes. Fishy.

I advise you to:

- block this person immediately

[or]

- use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page to report them

[or]

- do both

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
5 of 7

I've never heard of such a practice, so, yes, it smells quite fishy.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 7

Hi Keri,

I checked the job you are referring to and it looks like it's already been canceled for violating Upwork TOS. You'll notice that the Message room with the client has also been archived. Please, check out the tips in this post to make sure you stay safe and protected while working on Upwork.

Also, please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
7 of 7
Yes i flagged it when advised to do so. I appreciate you looking into it. Since I’m new here it makes me feel better I didn’t give up a job offer for nothing.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS