🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Work on extended travel out of country
Page options
0e34e5cf
Community Member

Work on extended travel out of country

Hi, I am in Florida but I am going to be travelling to Canada and then India for an extended period of time. How do I notify Upwork about this, so that if and when I log in from these countries, I don't get my account suspended. 

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aasia,

Since you`ll be traveling for a longer period of time all you need to do is to update your address when you relocate. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response.

Updating the location will mean missing out on prospective 'US Only' work, correct? Whereas, while I'm out of the country, I can still deliver my copy in native English. Is there a way for me to inform and/or make upwork aware of about my travel plans?

Thanks agin for your help!

Hi Aasia,

There's no need to send us your travel plans, all you need to do is to update your address when you`re relocating.
"US only" jobs are only for freelancers located inside the US, once you have relocated outside of US you won't be able to send proposals on this type of jobs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Trvaelling and relocating would be 2 different things. Out of country travel for a couple of months, doesn't mean relocation. Thank you for your response, though.

Hi Aasia,

I`m sorry about the confusion, just to clear up the details.
If you`re traveling for a short period of time there's no need to update your address. If you`re traveling/relocating for a longer period of time you will need to update your address to reflect your new location. 

If you have any additional questions or something is not clear let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Aasia M wrote:

Trvaelling and relocating would be 2 different things. Out of country travel for a couple of months, doesn't mean relocation. Thank you for your response, though.

I re-locate to a warmer climate for 4-5 months every winter and it hasn't been a problem, but I maintain a permanent address in the UK and withdraw my earnings to PayPal. I think the only problems that might occur would be if you try to set up a bank account in a different country and change your payment method. 

It WOULD be nice if there was a feature where we could post our "business hours", though, since the time zone that I'm actually located in is sometimes way out of whack. But I guess that it would be too easy for scammers to take advantage of this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members