cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work permit on relocation

er_berserk
Ankit G Member Since: Apr 13, 2016
1 of 4

I am living in India. I freelance as android developer. If I relocate to some other country for some full time job, say Canada or maybe Germany, do I need to get the work permit from the new country authoroties to continue my freelance services?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 4

@Ankit G wrote:

I am living in India. I freelance as android developer. If I relocate to some other country for some full time job, say Canada or maybe Germany, do I need to get the work permit from the new country authoroties to continue my freelance services?

Canada and Germany, yes.

Other countries, depends but probably.

Check with their consulates.

Edit: my answer refers to you moving to a country to work there. Once you're legally established in a country and allowed to work, you certainly can freelance on the side but you will need to comply with any local regulations that apply to independent workers.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
This widget could not be displayed.
3 of 4
This widget could not be displayed.

@Rene K wrote:

@Ankit G wrote:

Canada and Germany, yes.

Other countries, depends but probably.

Check with their consulates.

Edit: my answer refers to you moving to a country to work there. Once you're legally established in a country and allowed to work, you certainly can freelance on the side but you will need to comply with any local regulations that apply to independent workers.

Freelance services in Germany means that you have to found a business. Moreover, if you are employed full time you have to inform your employer and most employers do not want that their employees have a business aside.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Ankit,

Please make sure you have the right visa type that allows you to work during your stay in the host country.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS