🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Work's been done and submitted for about ...
Page options
kaceybridges
Community Member

Work's been done and submitted for about 3+ weeks now, but the client doesn't approve the work.

I completed the work in the initial days of taking up the project, but ever since submission, the client has been BARELY responsive.

Just checked out that he owes me $170 in total but only has $50 funded in Escrow, so the "Automatically Approved in 14 Days" won't help with the rest of the amount I think.

I have been more than patient and tried to check up on him every 3 days for updates via messages, but it's always, "I'll check it out" and then back to unresponsiveness.

What course of action would you suggest?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Swaraj M wrote:

I completed the work in the initial days of taking up the project, but ever since submission, the client has been BARELY responsive.

Just checked out that he owes me $170 in total but only has $50 funded in Escrow, so the "Automatically Approved in 14 Days" won't help with the rest of the amount I think.

I have been more than patient and tried to check up on him every 3 days for updates via messages, but it's always, "I'll check it out" and then back to unresponsiveness.

You can inform the client that he does not own and may not use the work until you were paid the full amount. Apart from that it is a lesson learned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

You are among the however many people who post here and didn't tell the client to escrow the full amount or no deal. Enjoy the $50 and be more assertive with your money next time.

jr-translation
Community Member

Swaraj M wrote:

You can inform the client that he does not own and may not use the work until you were paid the full amount. Apart from that it is a lesson learned.

petra_r
Community Member

Swaraj M wrote:

$ 50 in Escrow may well be all you will get.

Swaraj M wrote:

That is not "more than patient" - quite the opposite.

Swaraj M wrote:

In future, don't work on unfunded milestones. There is little or no reason to cut small contracts like that up into several milestones, that just slows everything down.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths