🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Work without contract
Page options
alhareem
Community Member

Work without contract

My client is asking me to complete work and he says I will send you contract after doing work.
Now what should I do??
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kiran A wrote:
My client is asking me to complete work and he says I will send you contract after doing work.
Now what should I do??

Tell the client you look forward to working with them as soon as the contract is in place. Hourly or fully funded fixed rate.

Otherwise walk away. That person isn't "your client" - it is a prospective client. Without a contract they are not your client and could not pay you even if they wanted to, which they likely don't.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Kiran A wrote:
Now what should I do??

Tell the client you look forward to working with them as soon as the contract is in place. Hourly or fully funded fixed rate.

Otherwise walk away. That person isn't "your client" - it is a prospective client. Without a contract they are not your client and could not pay you even if they wanted to, which they likely don't.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My client is asking me to complete work and he says I will send you contract after doing work. Now what should I do??"

Petra gave good advice.

Alternatively, I might have done this:

In the Upwork Messages tool, click on this person's profile picture or name to pull up a contextual menu.

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 10.43.54 AM.png

Then click the "Block" option.

My time is too valuable to waste on people like that.

Kiran,

Preston is absolutely right.

You are asking for trouble agreeing to work for a potential client who is either that dumb or that dishonest. 

Even if a contract were eventually in place, there would be no assurance this clown would adhere to its provisions.

Run, don't walk, away. There are too many great clients on Upwork to spend any time with the misfits.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members