Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Worked more hours than I should have

lauradc
Laura D Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
1 of 6

Hello everyone!

This is my first time working an hourly job and I have a problem. I arranged with a client a fixed rate, but he had already made the proposal as an hourly job and couldn't change it. He set 15 hours weekly limit, considering total amount that we had agreed on.

I tracked 8 hours for the first week, and 4 for the second one. He ended contract within the second week and payed a bonus for 7 hours. So I have 8 hours for the first week, a bonus for 7 hours and next week he'll get 4 new hours, so he's paying more than we agreed. I talked to him about it before he payed the bonus, but I'm don't think we understood each other.

My question is, if he complaints about those 4 hours I overworked, does that reflect on my profile or job success? I think everything's gonna be fine with the client, good feedback and all, but I wouldn't want that to affect my upwork profile. 

Thank you!!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Laura,

You can simply delete the four hours from your Work Diary if they were logged this week, or issue a partial refund for the four hours once you receive the payment. Neither of these options will affect your Job Success Score. 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Untitled
lauradc
Laura D Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
3 of 6

Hi Vladimir, thank you for your answer!

I think I can't delete the hours because he ended contract. 

I could issue a partial refund once he pays for those 4 hours, but I worry he'll complaint for those hours to avoid payment. That's what I think could be reflected on my job success score. What do you think?

Thank you again!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Laura,

Please communicate with your client and explain the way Hourly jobs are billed, and the adjustment you'll make. If they need more information or assurance, please ask them to contact Customer Support.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

@Laura D wrote:

Hi Vladimir, thank you for your answer!That's what I think could be reflected on my job success score. What do you think?

Thank you again!

That contract has already ended, so anything that happens now will not alter its effect on your JSS for better or for worse!

servicetier
Sarfaraz B Member Since: Dec 10, 2015
6 of 6

I think the reason 'everything's gonna be fine with the client' is that they probably understand that it can take a longer or shorter amount of time than estimated.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS