cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working!! UpWork Desktop App On ChromeOS*

18b8aa5b
Ada H Member Since: Feb 7, 2020
11 of 80

It isn't, it seems. Same goes for every other company when adding their features onto Chrome OS, things that are very crucial for online work like Skype and others. It's a shame. After a lot of work into my profile I realized that I cannot actually work on UpWork unless I have a real PC. I am unable to buy one so this makes me quite literally too poor to work. I'm sure many people share the same experience. Hopefully one day this will become of importance to the UpWork programming dept.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 80

Ada H wrote:

After a lot of work into my profile I realized that I cannot actually work on UpWork unless I have a real PC. I am unable to buy one so this makes me quite literally too poor to work.

You can work on Upwork, the only thing you can't do is use the tracker.  Just use fixed rate contracts (which are WAY more common in your category) or manual time and use your earnings to buy a machine that supports the tracker,  even a used one will do the trick.

dbliss0921
Don B Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
13 of 80

Hi Avery, I have the relavent logs. Where should I upload them to? (I cannot attach them to this post as .zip and .log files are unsupported file types.

Items of note:

1. Screenshots do not work within ChromeOS or the Linux container.

2. Activity tracking does not work with ChromeOS, but seems to work fine for apps used within the Linux container.

--I'm not sure anything exists that will fully bridge the gap between ChromeOS and the Linux container for these features, but I guess I'll leave that up to your software engineers Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 80

Don B wrote:

Hi Avery, I have the relavent logs. Where should I upload them to? (I cannot attach them to this post as .zip and .log files are unsupported file types.

Items of note:

1. Screenshots do not work within ChromeOS or the Linux container.

Without screenshots the workaround is completely useless. You might as well use manual time.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 80

Hi Don,

Could you please try to file a report for our support team following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of this Troubleshooting guide. Please include all the info in that report, and our team will follow up on your ticket directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 80

Hi Don, 

I'll go ahead and send you a private message with more information on how you can share this with me. The team is investigating this further, so it's really great that you stepped forward with this information. I'll ping you! Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
dbliss0921
Don B Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
17 of 80

Log files sent ( just letting the community know Smiley Happy )

jcbnicolas
Jay Celine N Member Since: Apr 21, 2019
18 of 80

Hi Avery,

It will be very much appreciated and will be very helpful if Upwork Desktop App becomes available for download in Chromebook. 

Thanks.

eppineda
Enrique P Member Since: Mar 29, 2019
19 of 80

You can also run the installer by moving the file to My files/Linux files, right-clicking, and selecting the option to install:

Make sure the installer is in the correct location in order to install from the Files app.Make sure the installer is in the correct location in order to install from the Files app.

smendel26
Stephanie M Member Since: Feb 6, 2019
20 of 80

Thanks Enrique! That is an alternate way of installing it and a bit easier I suppose lol!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS