🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Working as LLC
Page options
zgordan_vv
Community Member

Working as LLC

Is it possible to work with clients on Upwork as LLC? Should I create an agency for this? And if yes, would it be an User Agreement between Upwork and LLC, not me as a person? It is important for me as my bank will accept payments only if I give them a contract between my LLC and a client.

2 REPLIES 2
ericaandrews
Community Member

Yes. Many freelancers operate on Upwork as an LLC, and it's not necessary to create an 'agency' on Upwork unless you have a team of people that will also be freelancing with you or will be sub-contracting to you.   You can operate as a 1-person LLC on Upwork, and there is no special 'user agreement' needed. Contact support and they will explain how to update your profile to link it to your LLC and your LLC's tax idea instead of your personal social security number or personal tax id, etc.   You can then have your Upwork payments sent to your LLC's bank account.  Many freelancers do this

zgordan_vv
Community Member

Thank you for the answer! How in this case will User Agreement look like? Will it be with me and Upwork or my LLC and Upwork?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members