🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Working ethics
Page options
eze-christian
Community Member

Working ethics

Have sent more than 40+ proposals and still sending, I mean is upwork really this strict? Have worked very hard on my profile I believe am qualified for any work yet it seems am a ghost nobody even notice me😑 is there anything that can be done on my behalf, am running out of connects and yet am not working it is painful, it is very painful have heard so many people tell me that hard work pay in upwork, am beginning to doubt that phrase.
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Christian:
You want to be a content writer?

You should think of that as an avocation, and not as a way to earn money.

You would be better off looking for income-earning opportunities in your local economy.

Writing is for people who need to be writers, not for people who simply want to earn money.

It was easy for me to figure out that you are not really a writer. And it is easy for clients to figure that out as well.

Look at the profile categories on your profile page:

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 2.30.10 PM.png

And in the profile overview text you describe yourself as a writer.

But then look at your skills list:

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 2.30.15 PM.png

These things don't match.

Also: Your profile overview text has too many basic errors in it. Clients with a passing familiarity with the English language will likely prefer to hire a professional writer - a writer who doesn't make so many errors.

Sorry.

joansands
Community Member

Christian - You really need to work on your profile before you try to get any jobs. Your profile is very confusing and, if you want to get jobs as a writer, your English has to be perfection. Spell out in your profile what you can do for a client and don't talk so much about yourself. A client isn't really interested in what a wonderful person you are, unfortunately. A client wants to know what you can do for him or her. And the first two sentences are the most important because many people won't read beyond that. Those two sentences have to make someone want to read further.

petra_r
Community Member

Christian E wrote:
Have worked very hard on my profile I believe am qualified for any work yet it seems am a ghost nobody even notice me😑 is there anything that can be done on my behalf, am running out of connects and yet am not working it is painful, it is very painful have heard so many people tell me that hard work pay in upwork, am beginning to doubt that phrase.

Hard work only if you have the skills for the jobs you apply for.

Your profile is in poor English, with countless mistakes.

For every job there are some "must have" prerequisites. For example, if you don't know how to drive, you can't be a bus driver.

For a writer, the main prerequisite is a decent command of the language they want to write in, and you quite simply haven't got that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members