cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on Greencard EAD

MD. ADIT H Member Since: Nov 6, 2018
1 of 11

I am on H1b Visa but I last Friday I have got my Green card EAD but my AOS(i 485 is pendingI. can i work on Upwork now?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 11

Hi MD. ADIT

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Stella V Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
3 of 11

Hi Bojan,

I have similar situation to the one above. I am waiting for my green card ready and i already have my work authorization. So i can legally work in US.

But i don't have any of the mentioned documents to upload for ID verification. (Greencard is still in process and it's a year long wait ;-/)

Can i submit my EAD card for verification? Since it has photo on it etc.

How do i do that?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 11

Hi Stella, 

You should be able to proceed with your location verification with your EAD.

As a gentle reminder, please make sure that you have the proper work visas, and tax information to be able to work on Upwork as an online freelancer. I would recommend that you consult with a local advisor regarding this.

-Avery
Untitled
5 of 11

Hi Avery,

thanks for you help

unfortunately when i upload my EAD as a proof of identity the system doesn't accept it ;(

can i go through verification manually somehow? via customer service person or anything like that?

ps. i am 100% legally allowed to work in US 

regards

Stella

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 11

Hi Stella, 

I'll share your issue with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
7 of 11

Hi Avery,

Support reached out to me but not really with solution

they mailed me something about 'make sure your photo is not blurry'

but my problem is that i need manual way to verify my location via EAD (US work permit) and Support didn't offer any solution to that.

Community Guru
Mary H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
8 of 11

Hi Stella,

I followed up on your support ticket so they can proceed with your request to manually verify your account since you are getting the same error each time you upload the image.

I would recommend that you continue communicating with the team through the support ticket as they are more equipped to help you verify your location, If you have further questions, or need more information, you may post it on the same ticket thread and the team will get back to you soon.

- Mary
Untitled
Gabriel I Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
9 of 11

Hi there,

I have the same issue as Stella. Can you please get in touch with me so I can submit my EAD card for manual verification?

Thanks

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 11

Hi Gabriel,

One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS