🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Working platforms
Page options
mohzys23
Community Member

Working platforms

Hello everyone, Please I am new to Upwork and I am loving it here. Please I want to know if it is safe and not against Upwork terms of services to work with a client using "Anydesk Software" after accepting a contract from the client.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moses,

Yes, once a contract is in place you can communicate with clients off Upwork. However, I'd like to strongly advise you to review the safety tips shared here. Let us know if you have any questions or need further clarification.

I'd also like to ask you to select my name > select Messages and send me a private message in case you might have received this request from a client outside Messages.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moses,

Yes, once a contract is in place you can communicate with clients off Upwork. However, I'd like to strongly advise you to review the safety tips shared here. Let us know if you have any questions or need further clarification.

I'd also like to ask you to select my name > select Messages and send me a private message in case you might have received this request from a client outside Messages.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello, a client wants me to chat him up on Whatsapp because he is more active there so we can track the project progress. Is it a good idea to give out my Whatsapp contact?.

Hi Moses,

If you already have an official contract with your client, you can communicate via another method as well. I would like to clarify that it is not allowed to communicate with clients outside of Upwork before you're hired on an official contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay thank you for the reply. I would give more clarification to the client.

Moses U wrote:

Hello, a client wants me to chat him up on Whatsapp because he is more active there so we can track the project progress. Is it a good idea to give out my Whatsapp contact?.

You should consider to get an email address and phone number just for freelancing.

Okay, I will look into getting a freelancing email and number. Thank you very much for the reply.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths