Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with *edited*

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
11 of 15

Sabrina, it wouldn't help to call him by name. Scammers change the names they use constantly, and often steal names of established clients or major companies to mislead freelancers. At best, you'd be warning people off of a name that may not be in use by tomorrow. At worst, you'd be warning people off of the real person whose identity the scammer appropriated.

44d21a03
Sabrina C Member Since: Dec 21, 2016
12 of 15

Thank you, Tiffany. There are so many dishonest people out there! I will keep all of these tips in mind as I look for clients who are authentic. I guess you learn as you go as a freelancer and in time get to know the warning signs. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 15

Sabrina: I don't blame you if you are currently frustrated. Hang in there. I believe the overwhelming majority of Upwork clients are honest, professional and a joy to work with.

But if can take some time for you to get past the entry-level newbie status the attracts scammers.

44d21a03
Sabrina C Member Since: Dec 21, 2016
14 of 15

Thanks, Preston. Yes, I am a bit frustrated and I've had to deal with 2 other scammers with this going on, so it's a bit overwhelming too. I've been with Upwork for about a year maybe, put I'll keep at it. There has to be some good-natured, honest people out there who are looking for the same in the people they hire. For now though, it seems like I'm looking for "a needle in a haystack." lol

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
15 of 15

Hi again Sabrina, 

I'd just like to share these freelancer resources we compiled and I would like to invite you to pay close attention to the Safety First! section. Here are also tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS