🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Worried About a Client
Page options
1b9493d5
Community Member

Worried About a Client

Dear Upwork ~

I have a strange kind of concern. A client of mine has been compltetly silent for nearly a month now. Communication used to be at least once weekly, and he has not closed the contract or made any updates at all for about a month. I've messaged him, and he never responds.

I'm a little worried about him. He seems like a young guy, but was quite active for a while. I thought he was silent due to Christmas / Winter break at college, but classes should be back in session now, and the absesnce feels prolonged. Does Upwork have the ability to check in on a Client? Could an Upwork emplyee please dm me, and I can send more information, if requested?

With Thanks ~ Grace

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are a good person.

You have a good heart.

So don't take this the wrong way:

Your request is inappropriate.

You may not ask Upwork to check up on someone.

Moreover: You should not be worried about this client.

This client is surrounded by neighbors, friends, co-workers, classmates, people at church, people in his book club, etc., who all know him personally and can help him or check on him.

You are a stranger on the Internet who he hired to do a task and he no longer needs your services.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are a good person.

You have a good heart.

So don't take this the wrong way:

Your request is inappropriate.

You may not ask Upwork to check up on someone.

Moreover: You should not be worried about this client.

This client is surrounded by neighbors, friends, co-workers, classmates, people at church, people in his book club, etc., who all know him personally and can help him or check on him.

You are a stranger on the Internet who he hired to do a task and he no longer needs your services.

Thank you, Preston. That is a kind and wise answer. I suppose I can just keep the job active if he ever comes back. I appreciate your response, and on further thought, I realize you are right. Thank you. Hopefully he is ok.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members