🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Worried about "Clients who would recommend yo...
Page options
jahid_rana
Community Member

Worried about "Clients who would recommend you"

Hello Upwork Community! 

I see my past clients didn't recommend me, and  the percentage has changed from 75% to 71%.  How much do you think this will affect my account? Can it lead to account suspension? I am worried about it. ( I am a student, only doing this full-time, but with great responsibility )

Thank you in advance,

Tuhin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Tuhin H wrote:

Hello Upwork Community! 

I see my past clients didn't recommend me, and  the percentage has changed from 75% to 71%.  How much do you think this will affect my account? Can it lead to account suspension? I am worried about it. ( I am a student, only doing this full-time, but with great responsibility )

Thank you in advance,

Tuhin

Your JSS will go down and if the public feedback is also very poor you will run into serious trouble finding new jobs. Don't worry about suspension at this point,but do take some time to reconsider your services.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Tuhin H wrote:

Hello Upwork Community! 

Thank you in advance,

Tuhin

Your JSS will go down and if the public feedback is also very poor you will run into serious trouble finding new jobs. Don't worry about suspension at this point,but do take some time to reconsider your services.

Okay. Thank you very much, Jennifer!

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

I consistenly recommend engaging a professional consulting tactic sometimes referred to as an "end of project" call.  In this tactic, the freelancer specifically schedules a video conference call to review deliverables, ask "what went right in the project" and ask for feedback on "what might have gone better for you".

The psychology is sound. It provides hiring clients the opportunity to "have their say".  Then they feel like they have been listened to in a serious, business-process-driven mindset.  From there, I remind the client my JSS is a valuable asset to me, and request they take a moment to end the work on the system and leave the rating they feel appropriate.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks Sir John.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths