cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worrying Client...

Brandi P Member Since: Sep 14, 2014
1 of 3
I applied for a fixed-rate job, and got an almost immediate response. After sending me the info needed to start, however, the client didn't switch the job to "hired" and there's no milestone for me to complete once I have the document ready. He wanted me to submit it via the messages on the job application page. Am I correct in being worried about this job? I was under the impression that milestones were supposed to be set up before I started working, not after I was done. I don't want to get scammed, but I also don't want to turn down a job if I'm just misunderstanding the system.
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
2 of 3
Unless you have it showing up in my jobs tab do not ,I repeat-do not start working. So,go to my jobs tab and check if it is there. If not, ask the client to send you a job offer.S/he needs to send you the offer and you need to accept it in order to be able to start working(and get paid at the end as well.)If client declines or comes up with some excuses, well-you have your answer. If client is new though- s/he might not be familiar with procedure,so just let them know that it is a necessary step.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
3 of 3
In addition to Natasa's comments.. Also make sure the client has a verified payment method before you start working. When they send you the contract you would usually see information about the milestone payment too.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS