🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Would payment option "direct to bank" (US...
Page options
aec270da
Community Member

Would payment option "direct to bank" (USD-MYR) affect by the war of Russia and Ukraine?

hey guys, i am new to upwork, just finish my first job and received the money from client. i was choose "Direct to local bank" to get paid, but the processing of USD transfer to MYR in UPWORK is through Russia. DOES THIS PAYMENT OPTION STILL ABLE TO BE USED ? (due to the USA already block russia to using USD) .

image.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Yans,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The "Malaysia through Russia" in this article is just stating a range of country in alphabetical order like Albania to Czech (A to C), Denmark to Guyana (D to G), and so on.

To answer your inquiry regarding using the payment option "Direct to Local Bank" wherein the funds will automatically be converted to your local currency (MYR), yes, you can choose this in withdrawing your funds.

You may find the following articles helpful to learn more about this topic:

Direct to Local Bank
Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing
Manage How You Get Paid

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Yans,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The "Malaysia through Russia" in this article is just stating a range of country in alphabetical order like Albania to Czech (A to C), Denmark to Guyana (D to G), and so on.

To answer your inquiry regarding using the payment option "Direct to Local Bank" wherein the funds will automatically be converted to your local currency (MYR), yes, you can choose this in withdrawing your funds.

You may find the following articles helpful to learn more about this topic:

Direct to Local Bank
Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing
Manage How You Get Paid

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths