cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you Hire Again?

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
21 of 27
These screenshots are from mid June. So unless the "front end" was changed since then. But I believe the intrinsic point is still valid.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
22 of 27

I have never seen this closing a job. Only the question. I have clicked on other options but it has never given me the choices I see there. Guess I am brain dead then.... hmmm

Kim H Member Since: Nov 13, 2014
23 of 27

So, it makes it look like if a client is choosing 7 and above that they are leaving good feedback for the freelancer.  If selecting some point between 7 and 9 is knocking a JSS down, then the client should know that they are rating as if the freelancer's work did not meet their expectations.  There's no indication of that with those optional responses.  I'm not seeing how the optional responses will help any since the freelancer doesn't ever get to see them.   

Community Guru
24 of 27

@Kim H wrote:

So, it makes it look like if a client is choosing 7 and above that they are leaving good feedback for the freelancer.  If selecting some point between 7 and 9 is knocking a JSS down, then the client should know that they are rating as if the freelancer's work did not meet their expectations.  There's no indication of that with those optional responses.  I'm not seeing how the optional responses will help any since the freelancer doesn't ever get to see them.   

I think my posting the images has defeated the purpose.

Kim H Member Since: Nov 13, 2014
25 of 27

Setu M wrote: 

I think my posting the images has defeated the purpose.

Actually, I'm choosing your images as the best answer, since it gives some insight for other freelancers.  Thank you!

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
26 of 27

@Setu

I think it's clear now that we're talking about two different, but related, things.

My assertion about the 9 or 10 score is specifically related to the metric on the Stats page, "Clients who would recommend you". The percentage given there equates to the percentage who have scored you 9 or 10, and I stand by that - if a client scores you 8 on the recommendation scale, your % of client recommendations goes down.

Now I concede that I don't know how that feeds into the JSS, as that particular metric is apparently only for private use. But as much as there can be any logic on this site, it seems strange to me that if they use one metric that puts a score into a category of "would not recommend", that they wouldn't use that scoring basis in other contexts.

It's just all part of the big, complicated jigsaw I suppose. A jigsaw puzzle with no picture, and no indication as to whether all the opeices even exist.

Community Guru
27 of 27
Thanks for clearing that up Stephen.

Indeed, we were talking about different things. That is an interesting point about the "Recommendation" score. I will take note of it.

And yes, some more transparency in all aspects of the site would go a far way in inspiring a lot of confidence. That is also my take from the beginning.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS