🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Would you accept the offer even...
Page options
sergio-soria
Community Member

Would you accept the offer even...

...if there are a couple questions unanswered?

I like to have good communication with clients in order to get the best results. Now it happened that I sent my proposal asking a couple of specific questions about the job. The client didn't answer, instead just sent me the offer with money in escrow. I have the material to start working and it's a job I must complete in a very short period of time, so I should start as soon as possible. But these unanswered questions made me feel uneasy. Questions are about specific details in the images I have to use. I could start but what if they never answer?

What would you do?

4 REPLIES 4
pudingstudio
Community Member

Sergio S wrote:

I like to have good communication with clients in order to get the best results. Now it happened that I sent my proposal asking a couple of specific questions about the job. The client didn't answer, instead just sent me the offer with money in escrow. I have the material to start working and it's a job I must complete in a very short period of time, so I should start as soon as possible. But these unanswered questions made me feel uneasy. Questions are about specific details in the images I have to use. I could start but what if they never answer?

What would you do?

Had couple of those.

Responded to client before accepting, (re)asking what I need to know.

If a client responded, I was very happy to accept the offer.

If they don't, have no idea how was I meant to get most of that situation.
Offer would be rejected (along another polite message to the client).

a_lipsey
Community Member

Sergio S wrote:

What would you do?

No. I would make sure I got the questions answered before accepting. If they can't take the time to make sure I have all the information I need, then I'd decline. Not worth the risk, IMO. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Would you accept the offer even if there are a couple questions unanswered?"

Hourly contract? Yes.

Fixed-price contract? No.

It's fixed-price. And I already asked politely in the chat if they could answer the questions, but they didn't answer even while they were online at the time. I suspect it's a kind of agency that farm stuff and they went to sleep already. I always prefer to chat directly with clients because when it's an agency they sometimes don't have the answers...

It's not that I am unable to start or complete the job. I definitely can do it. The questions are about details that would help me do it right from the start without the need to correct things later. I mean I can still deliver, but maybe it will not be exactly what the client wants and in that case I will need to correct quite a bit.

And I don't have much time to do this. Gee.. The clock is ticking... 😞

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths