🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Would you flag this as inappropriate!
Page options
jackiepeeler
Community Member

Would you flag this as inappropriate!

Client is looking for upgrade of his logo design. Job description says send in your designs and I'll pick the best one. Is that asking for free work? That's the way I'm looking at it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

Of course it's against TOS. Solliciting free work.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
hardorff
Community Member

I would flag it and let Upwork decide if it breaks their TOS.

versailles
Community Member

Of course it's against TOS. Solliciting free work.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
prestonhunter
Community Member

This is what is known as a "contest" on some other freelancer work platforms, whose names I won't mention here.

It can be a popular way for clients to get free work. This is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN on the Upwork site in the ToS.

Having said that, it is FINE to for a client to commission work from multiple freelancers and pick the piece that he likes the best, AS LONG AS HE PAYS for all of the work.

Read this:

Terms of Use

4.1 EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED USES OF THE SITE

Requesting or demanding free services, including requesting Freelancers to submit work as part of the proposal process for very little or no money or posting contests in which Freelancers submit work with no or very little pay, and only the winning submission is paid the full amount;

gmoxon
Community Member

My account **edited for Community Guidelines** has been "flagged as inappropriate."

How do I correct it and move on??

Graham

Graham: Can you send us a screenshot?

Does it look like this?

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.23.07 PM.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Graham, 

I checked your account and confirm that there is currently no hold on your account. If you are referring to the button/link that Preston has noted on his post, this is a link that is available on all freelancer profiles. It is a way for other users of the platform to flag/report any freelancer who is violating the Upwork Terms of Service. The same button is avaiable on job posts. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gmoxon
Community Member

Hi, My account has been "flagged as inappropriate." Why did this happen and how do I correct this?

Graham Moxon, MBA.

re: "My account has been 'flagged as inappropriate.' "

No. Your account has not been flagged.

re: "Why did this happen?"

It did not happen.

re: "...and how do I correct this?"

There is nothing to correct.

You need to read ths thread. Then read it again. Read this thread repeatedly until you decide that there is no problem.

gmoxon
Community Member

why is my account flagged as inappropriate? Please correct.

Why are my tabs listed along the vertical instead of the horizontal.

Thx

Graham

lysis10
Community Member

I guess this guy doesn't really like reading things.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Graham, 

I would just like to note that we have responded to your question. You should be able to see them by switching between the pages as I have noted on my screen grab below: 
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 10.19.33 AM.png

You should be able to check all your posts on this page of your Community profile

I would also like to note my response to your previous post, in case you missed it: 

I checked your account and confirm that there is currently no hold on your account. If you are referring to the button/link that Preston has noted on his post, this is a link that is available on all freelancer profiles. It is a way for other users of the platform to flag/report any freelancer who is violating the Upwork Terms of Service. The same button is avaiable on job posts. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

I suppose we should be grateful that Upwork gives us the opportunity to flag our own profiles as inappropriate, if we ever misbehave then suffer a pang of conscience. Heart

Learning Paths