cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wow... just wow...

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
1 of 25

I took the advice and contacted customer support to ask why I am not receiving any invitations since Feb 28, and the answer I received is mind-boggling.

Not only was it a long copy-paste reply (I could tell by the bits and pieces that didn't apply to my question), but you also managed to insult my intelligence by telling me that my client satisfaction is below average when compared to other oDesk freelancers.

Oh really?! So what exactly does 100% client satisfaction mean to you? 0%? Or is oDesk just showing 100% client satisfaction in my stats just for the fun of it? To make me happy?

Three years of hard work with consistent 5 star rating, 0 disputes, 0 violations and almost 100% client recommendations, you actually want me to belive I am below average when compared to other oDesk freelancers? Oh please! Get a grip!

Stop wasting my time if you are not interested in answering my question and more importantly, stop insulting me! 

What is wrong with you people?!?! 

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 25

Very accurate post title then Smiley Sad That is ridiculous - I don't think we can really rely on Customer Support to solve our problems anymore (neither live chat nor regular emails).

Many of the CS representatives I've dealt with a) Don't speak/write English very well; b) Don't read the original question AT ALL (they like pick up a couple of words from the message); c) Enjoy replying with copy-pasted answers; and d) Just want to mark your ticket as "solved".

However, unless you were getting invitations every few days, I don't think Feb 28 is too bad. I have gone like a month without invitations and then they suddenly all rushed in within a day.

But the fact that they told you "client satisfaction is below average" is a problem within itself. Either oDesk needs to replace its CS personnel or "My Stats" are lying to all freelancers!

Community Guru
3 of 25

I don't know what is happening with oDesk but customer support is definitely not helping. 

The invitations stopped completely since February 28 and I haven't received a single invitation since then (including non-fit jobs). An invitation every few days would actually be a dream for me, but unfortunately nothing Isabelle. That's why I asked oDesk to take a look and see what might be the problem and help me. Instead, I was insulted by someone who did not even bother to read my message. 

Many of the CS representatives I've dealt with a) Don't speak/write English very well; b) Don't read the original question AT ALL (they like pick up a couple of words from the message); c) Enjoy replying with copy-pasted answers; and d) Just want to mark your ticket as "solved".

You are absolutely right Isabelle, I totally agree with you. 

It really upsets me that I have to pay 10% for absolutely nothing and be insulted on top of that. I am a full time translator. The reason I keep getting 5 stars and have such high client satisfaction is because I work professionally as a translator. I know my job, this is what I do outside oDesk. 

Don't get me wrong, I like oDesk and I know it has great potential of becoming #1 (having high hopes for the new platform), but I have zero tolerance for ignorant people who insult us when we ask for help. 

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
4 of 25

I think their main purpose is just to say 'I'm sory, ...'

Which makes me even more mad.

5 of 25

I feel your pain, I think it's the same experience for all of us on any issue. I once contacted them because they paused an active contract of mine and I needed to work on it but couldn't. The reply from phone support (which oDesk considers premium support) was that my client had his account suspended when all that happened was that oDesk paused it because no time was logged in 30 days. I was fortunately able to solve the issue by persisting and making a big stink, but to make such a statement about a perfectly legit client that spends over $100k per year on this site is just...

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
6 of 25

I feel your pain. It's like banging your head against a wall.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 25

Thank you Krisztina and Gillian. You are right, it does unfortunately happen to all of us on any issue, and it is like banging your head against a wall. Your case Krisztina is another perfect example of this. 

I don't understand why things have to be so difficult with Customer Support. You ask for ABC they give you XYZ. It would help both oDesk and us if reps took their time to read though a ticket and check things before they reply. I am so sick and tired of this... My stomach hurts every single time I have to go through support. It's like a gamble; you will either get lucky and talk to someone who is doing a great job or you won't. 

Geez oDesk...

margarida P Member Since: Aug 9, 2014
8 of 25

I read you post and all I can say is that I really understand your point.

This new feedback score isn´t  really fair and realistic.

I feel that it´s really affecting me.

Many clients could have a  good job done, but  they are influenced for this rate and looking for other options, for instance, a new odesker, with 2 o 3 jobs and 100% score, instead of a experienced freelancer.

I think this is a tactic to attract jobs fo the new members.

The replies from the center, I sincerely give up, they are always superficial ansewrs that don´t explain or solve anything anyway.

I really hope they erase this rate from the profiles or at least create an option to make it invisible if we like.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
9 of 25

Natasa,

This is exactly why I didn't want to contact Customer Service when we all got told to contact them about no job invites. Funny thing is after I complained about no job invites I got two, not much but two that weren't a fit. Both wanted full time hours. I don't have full time available.

I am sorry you got treated like that. I am dealing with them now over my feedback issue but I am not holding my breath. I really hope they get it fixed as I shouldn't have had what happened happen, but you know I got told but you didn't have any feedback from that client and a screenshot sent to me.

I wanted to bang my head on the wall as the first thing in the chat ticket was my feedback has disappearred. 

I was told to open another ticket cause the chat ended and I did and only got told they are working on it and the ticket closed. They use Zendesk the ticket should have been merged with my other one and I ask why it wasn't and it is still sitting there was no answer since Saturday.

I do Customer Support all day long for a company and have an excellent feedback score cause I am polite and through and when I don't know the answer I tell them I will look into and get back to them as soon as I can and do.

It is really sad to see CSR that don't speak english, don't read the ticets, don't do their jobs. 

Community Guru
10 of 25

Yes, I remember Suzanne. I am so sorry you are still struggling with this. I remember the issue with the feedback. You are the reason why I started taking screen shots of my clients' feedback. I really hope they will fix it for you soon.

I do Customer Support all day long for a company and have an excellent feedback score cause I am polite and through and when I don't know the answer I tell them I will look into and get back to them as soon as I can and do.

Like night and day compared to oDesk... 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS