cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow... just wow...

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
21 of 25

I'm having the same problem, just copying things from the brocure on job success.

Ace Contributor
William G Member Since: Jun 18, 2013
22 of 25

Hi,

I am happy that Odesk exists and wish them all the best for the future, as it's also my future, BUT:

It can't be that a freelancer with 3 jobs and a few hours in his luggage has a 100% score and shows up as top freelancer on every query and somebody like me with who has a 98% score with over 80 jobs and next to 500 hours and a steady monthly income since 5 months (which is not visible in hours as it is a fixed contract paid in bonusses) isn't visible at all. And i checked this as I have also a client account.

Next to that i have to register also that 20% of my clients have to be backstabbers ,as only 78% of my clients would recommend me. From the 80 jobs I had, there were 3 clients who scored me between 4.5 and 4.8! I am not the only freelancer who has this problem.

I hope the announced features for us freelancers who score consequent good rates and make a living from Odesk (and thereby good income for Odesk) will help us get back on track. 

Time will tell.............

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
23 of 25

I have to agree with William. If we're going the route of ranking applications anyway (which we apparently are), it's absurd that someone with 1-2 5-star jobs for 15 bucks each, with their fresh 100% JS, is going to be ranked higher in the applicants list than someone with 50+ jobs, two of which have ended with 4s. If you can't see the problem with that approach... 

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
24 of 25

William,

You probably are not showing up as you have your Profile set to private. Try setting it to Public and then check again to see if you show up.

Ace Contributor
William G Member Since: Jun 18, 2013
25 of 25

Hi Suzanne, 

Thanks for the hint, but i was only a day on private:-) I do show up, but somewhere behind dozens of newbies

Anyway,  I shouldn't complain now. But should I ever be in need for fresh clients, I am going to have a hard time.....

cheers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS