cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writers' Hub

Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
1 of 5

Since it's one of the bigger niches on Upwork but does not have its own board, I thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to writers/translators. We can share tips and swap stories here. Also, it might be nice to get to know each other's strengths and areas of expertise. I've had a few clients inquire about technical writing projects after we've wrapped up work (training manuals and things of that ilk, not really my thing), and it would be nice if I could point them toward capable, trustworthy freelancers than simply setting them adrift.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 5

@Patrick P wrote:

Since it's one of the bigger niches on Upwork but does not have its own board, I thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to writers/translators. We can share tips and swap stories here. Also, it might be nice to get to know each other's strengths and areas of expertise. I've had a few clients inquire about technical writing projects after we've wrapped up work (training manuals and things of that ilk, not really my thing), and it would be nice if I could point them toward capable, trustworthy freelancers than simply setting them adrift.

Patrick, this is a good idea. I've often wondered why the Job Skill Discussions area is limited to only 3 main categories. Also, it might be a good idea to have a few other areas, for say:

Customer Service

Sales and Marketing

Community Leader
Scott E Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
3 of 5

Makes sense, I'm suprised there isn't one to be honest. 

Ahsan A Member Since: Jun 11, 2017
4 of 5
It was awesome to find a dedicated thread for writers. Thanks
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.14.39 AM.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS