🐈 Community
asdeguzman

Wrong Bank Information

I clicked "Get paid" to but did not notice until later that the bank account information that I put in are incorrect. Can I get back the money that I sent to the wrong account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djondinium
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angelo,

Please allow for 8 business days to pass and reach out to us if the withdrawal still doesn't reflect on your account so that we can issue a trace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
djondinium
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angelo,

Please allow for 8 business days to pass and reach out to us if the withdrawal still doesn't reflect on your account so that we can issue a trace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem 😞

Hi Klarence Anne Loui,

This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually take from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you.  Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi also encountered the same issue. Should I change now my bank info or at least for the money to be reverse?

Hello Lynnel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Hi I've mistakenly input my card number instead of my bank account number and withdrew the money from upwork. My question would be, would my transaction be already void on that specific day that i withdrew the money and from there the dispute or the processing of return will start?

Hi Antonio,

Rest assured, your funds are not lost. Since your account details are not correct the funds should bounce back to your Upwork account. If you haven't received them after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue where I used my card number instead of the account number.

Hi Roshmel,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I also have entered the wrong information. I read some questions here and they say it usually is refunded within 8 to 10 days but my transaction was 12 days ago already

Hi John,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kalgg

Hi! I’ve had my auto-withrawal option here at Upwork. It should be credited to a local bank (PSBank). It is already 7 day but I still haven’t had my payment. The bank said that I’ve input the incorrect BRSTN code. What should I do? Please help.

**Edited for community guidelines**

6c0d1a72

i have clicked “Get Paid” but did not notice that i have mistakenly entered my Card Number instead of Account Number. would the payment still be debited to my bank account? if not how long would it take for me to recover it in my upwork account so i can transfer it properly again. Thank you!’

Aldwin V wrote:
 would the payment still be debited to my bank account?

No

Aldwin V wrote:
 if not how long would it take for me to recover it in my upwork account so i can transfer it properly again. 

between one and two weeks, usually.

Hey Petra, Appreciate your reply. my bad, it sucks but i have to wait.lesson learned.
japsorne

Also experience the same thing. Hoping that this could be resolved. 

Hi Juan,

Are you referring to your recent withdrawal? If it was sent to the wrong account, it will return to your account once the transaction fails. Our team can initiate a trace after 8 business days.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
emiily3

Hello, I made a mistake in my bank account information, to be precise, the last digit of my IBAN number is incorrect. Is there any way to return the money on Upwork? I already set up the correct information, but since it goes under a new payment method, I need to wait three days for a set up. 

Hello, I made a mistake in my IBAN number, just the last digit. It says the money is transferred, but it is not on my account. The details about the card and everything else is on point, how can I sove the problem and get my money back? 

Hi Elma,

This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually take from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn’t reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you.  Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan, 

Thanks for your reply! It's been more than 10 days and I still didn't get my funds back on the Upwork account. I did a Wire transfer to my bank on the 31st of January. 

Can you help me solve the issue? 

I already added the correct bank information. 

But I am not sure why when I add a card it says 'Visa ending in 2044 added' and I put the expiration date 2024. When I try to edit it says correctly 12/24. 

In the attachment, you will see what I am talking about. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Elma,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.
Regarding your card, please note that 2044 are the last 4-digits of your card number, not the expiration date.

~Andrea
Upwork

hello, I put the payment method and made a mistake in the last digit of the IBAN number, can I get back my funds or still receive it (card number and everything else is correct) how many days does it take to return the money on our Upwork profile? 

ivannagomez

Hello,

I recently reactivated my account after a break, I didn't realize the automated payment was set and i've been trying to troubleshoot the problem that the bank account in my profile isnt available anymore as I changed banks. What can I do to block this payment?

Payment already sent? I believe you can only wait until the bank return it to Upwork.

8 days, is the minimum wait time before you can ask them (the mods) to check it further I think.

Hi Ivanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Learning Paths