Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Contract Title in Profile

madeelgulzar
M. Adeel G Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
1 of 10

Hi,

I am facing an issue and that is, i am working in a contract but the job title is different in profile page from contract title that i was accepted. Can you tell why it happened?

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 10

Check on your My Contracts Page to see what the name of the contract is.

Your latest started contract has the same title as the corresponding job post.

madeelgulzar
3 of 10

Just checked and its showing the right title but not on profile page.

petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 10

But the title on your profile matches the corresponding job post.

madeelgulzar
5 of 10

Yes it matches the job post but it was supposed to be contract title. As i mentioned to my client that he need to change the title so others could have a good idea from title of what i developed. So he updated the title, but in profile its still the job title.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
6 of 10

Adeel,

I’m surprised to hear you say your client was able to change the contract title. I have a client who would like to change a completed job’s title and have the changed title appear on his history and mine—and he has not seen a way to do it I have posted about his concern before, with no response.

Perhaps community management could address both our concerns.

Best,

Michael

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
7 of 10

Hello Adeel,

The title displayed in your profile is the Job Title, not the contract title.  Your client must have changed the title of your contract and not the title of the job post. Thank you.

Untitled
sisic_mirza
Mirza S Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
8 of 10

I noticed the same glitch, contract title should be: "web fix" but shows as "BUSINESS DATA COLLECTION" under my profile, both were jobs posted by the same client, I worked first one, the second one was by someone else, no idea why it got mixed up. 

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 10

@Mirza S wrote:

I noticed the same glitch, contract title should be: "web fix" but shows as "BUSINESS DATA COLLECTION" under my profile, both were jobs posted by the same client, I worked first one, the second one was by someone else, no idea why it got mixed up.

Because the client hired you to the other one.

You can see the original job post the client hired you for here.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 10

Hi Mirza,

When making an offer the client gets to select the Related Job Posting and fill in the contract title (which is by default the same as the Job Posting.) Your client changed the contract title in this case. Work History and Feedback section of your profile will show the title of the related Job Posting along with the link to it. Your Contract page will show the title of the contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS