🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wrong Name on Name field while identity v...
Page options
shahbykhan
Community Member

Wrong Name on Name field while identity verification

I added my brothers Paypal(Afterwards it is deleted), and now while identity verification upwork is asking for his ID card instead of Mine. 

19 REPLIES 19
petra_r
Community Member

Shahbaz Y wrote:

I added my brothers Paypal

Well, that was really stupid, wasn't it?

I don't Think so. I often use his paypal. Because he is in USA and We don't have Paypal in Pakistan. 
But The problem is why his name is still there if I removed his Paypal account. 

Shahbaz Y wrote:

I don't Think so. I often use his paypal.

You don't think it was a stupid idea even though it was a violation of Upwork's terms of service to try and withdraw money to someone else's account / withdrawal method? Or use someone else's email address as your Upwork email?

I don't think so, I use his paypal on freelancer.com to withdraw money. 
And I used my Own Email ID to create account. My bad I just added his paypal as payment method to upgrade membership. And I think its totally nonsene they are verifying my identity they must verify according to my Account details, instead of just that paypal account which I removed and added my CC. 

lol upwork throwing in the curve balls on the auto accepted people.

I really appriciate the policy and obviously we must obey it. But Atleast Upwork realise that this is the BUG. Because right now I dont have that paypal anymore in profile. But still showing his name on verification screen.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahbaz,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

ok, I am waiting on it. 

Did you get any response i am facing the same problem

f045c580
Community Member

Did you get any response i am facing the same problem

Hi Syed,

If you were requested to complete an identity verification process, the document you use to verify it should be yours. In addition, the name on the payment method you add should match your name on Upwork, so you won't be able to use someone else's payment method on your Upwork account. 

Lastly, you may want to update your profile photo, since it must be an actual picture of you. Feel free to check out this help article for additional guidelines on choosing a good profile photo.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dffdeb82
Community Member

Request #36298212
 Facing an isssue , opnened a ticket no one is replying for almost 4 days, please check

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I can see the support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
asad_my
Community Member

I have also same issue have you find out the solution of this 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
usamaishrat78
Community Member

Please also help me out on this i am also facing same issue

Hi Usama,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
usamaishrat78
Community Member

• Problem is that while identity verification name is already written and its wrong my name Muhammad usama ishrat but it is Muhammad Umar Shabbir because i added wrong card i deleted it but in identity verification name is wrong umer instead of Muhammad usama ishrat

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members