cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Name on Name field while identity verification

Shahbaz Y Member Since: Sep 17, 2019
1 of 9

I added my brothers Paypal(Afterwards it is deleted), and now while identity verification upwork is asking for his ID card instead of Mine. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

Shahbaz Y wrote:

I added my brothers Paypal

Well, that was really stupid, wasn't it?

3 of 9

I don't Think so. I often use his paypal. Because he is in USA and We don't have Paypal in Pakistan. 
But The problem is why his name is still there if I removed his Paypal account. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

Shahbaz Y wrote:

I don't Think so. I often use his paypal.

You don't think it was a stupid idea even though it was a violation of Upwork's terms of service to try and withdraw money to someone else's account / withdrawal method? Or use someone else's email address as your Upwork email?

5 of 9

I don't think so, I use his paypal on freelancer.com to withdraw money. 
And I used my Own Email ID to create account. My bad I just added his paypal as payment method to upgrade membership. And I think its totally nonsene they are verifying my identity they must verify according to my Account details, instead of just that paypal account which I removed and added my CC. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 9

lol upwork throwing in the curve balls on the auto accepted people.

7 of 9

I really appriciate the policy and obviously we must obey it. But Atleast Upwork realise that this is the BUG. Because right now I dont have that paypal anymore in profile. But still showing his name on verification screen.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 9

Hi Shahbaz,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
9 of 9

ok, I am waiting on it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS