cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Profile Type (Freelancer instead of a client)

omerguru
Active

I guess that by mistake, my profile is defined as a freelancer, although I'm interested to create this profile as a client.

Can you please assist me in changing it? I can't set it up this way.

5 REPLIES 5
chumki1
Ace Contributor

Hi Omer,

I think you can change it and create a client profile on your existing account. Let me guide you through this.

- Please click on your photo in the upper-right corner.

- Go to Settings.

- Scroll down and hit the "Create a company" link. It is on the left side of the page.

- Then you need to choose "Create a Client Company".

If you complete all the steps correctly, you will be able to switch between your Freelancer and Client profiles in the account view menu. And you will be using the client profile. Account view menu appears in the upper-right corner after clicking on your photo.

After creating client profile, please read this Help article. It will help you to post your first Upwork job. Please feel free to post your questions in the Clients forum if you have any questions.

Thanks

Sultana

Thank you Sultana. I've chose the other option to deactivate my account and then re-create it.

I appreciate your help though! Thanks! 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omer,

I can ask our team to close your account and release the email, so you can sign up as a client with the same email address. Would you like to proceed with this or would prefer to first create a freelancer profile and then, if approved, create a client profile on the existing account?

Untitled

That would be great. I'd rather do that from scratch so if you can close my account and release my email address that's the best solution for me.

Please advise once done so I can sign in again.

Best, Omer

Omer,

We'll do that now and you'll be able to re-register as a client shortly after.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS