🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wrong SWIFT code and Branch code
Page options
eurekaz
Community Member

Wrong SWIFT code and Branch code

Hi, recently I made a withdrawal to my local bank acc. Unfortunately I made a mistake by entering an old SWIFT code of my bank and the Branch code. So, do I need to make a report or something in order to get my funds back? How long it usually takes until the funds returned to my account? Thanks for answering

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

HI Edwards,

Since your account details are not correct, your funds should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you don't receive your funds after 8 business days, let us know here and our team will intiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello again, Goran.
It's been 8 business days, yet I haven't received the reversed funds on my Upwork acc. 😞
I've checked with my local bank and they said that there's no incoming international transaction... and they also told me that the money would definitely bounce if I entered the old SWIFT code.

Could you please help me to initiate the trace? So, that I could make another withdrawal with the correct info. I also attached a screenshot of the transaction reference ID, hope that helps.

I urgently needed the money ASAP, it's kinda chaotic here in my country with the pandemic and all 😞

Thanks before, Goran.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Edward,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with the trace for this withdrawal.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths