🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wrong WithHolding
Page options
1a6e583e
Community Member

Wrong WithHolding

Hello. I keep getting charge for Mexican Tax Withholder. I am from Honduras and was currently visiting Mexico while working as a freelancer. I made the mistake to change my country in order to put temporary phone number from Mexico for security purposes. I changed my country back to Honduras, fixed the tax information country to Honduras but after weeks of contacting support no resolution has been made and I am still getting charge. Address on my contract still show Mexico even tho I changed it back to Honduras. Can i get those invoices reversed ?? And what can I do to avoid getting charge again. 

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Vera,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this. I'd like to reiterate that if you're just temporarily travelling to a different location, there's no need for you to update the Country on your account. I've shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello team, 

I'm facing the same issue when I was in India for a couple of months, now I'm back in Brazil and I'm still getting Withholding tax for India, please could you help me? there is a way to get this money back?

Hi Felipe,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. I was able to solve this issue. Go to settings, then click on tax
information then check the address on display. Make sure it says Brazil and
not India, then click on the box that says “show this address on invoices”
or something alike that. And then you wont be charged. Also, if you are
only traveling for a fee days, dont change your country.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members