🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wrong account number and money transferre...
Page options
itkysd
Community Member

Wrong account number and money transferred

Hi,
I just found out today that the money was transferred to a bank account, but I accidentally typed a wrong account number.
I did register a correct sort code, my name and address. Would the money come back to the account and I can get paid to another account? Or is there any way I can cancel the transfer?

16 REPLIES 16
tranvanhieu
Community Member

I believe when the system finds out that the account number and the owner name doesn't match, the money will be transferred back to your account.

May take a couple of days, though.

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator

Thank you very much and you were right, I actually have received a notification saying that it has been rejected by the bank. 🙂

Hi! How long did it take for you to get a notification? Happened to me, too. And I'm very very worried. 

Hi Rica Cassandra,

This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually take from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn’t reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you.  Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you. I'll be patiently waiting for 7-10 days. Lols. Thanks 

Hi Im worried today because I withdraw money from my upwork account then I transferred it to my account number that has been deactivated, i received an email from upwork that it has been processed to the account number how to address it i dont know what to do next.

Hi Jeaniefer,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If we are unable to complete the transaction, the funds will be automatically reversed to your Upwork account after 8 business days. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I just found out that my funds were transferred to the wrong bank account, missing 1 digit. What will happen to the money?

Hi,I had the same issue but the bank will double check and send the money
back. Took about 5 days until I had the money back. Best thing is to wait a
week. At Least that worked for me.

Hello! Happened to me also. Have you received yours?

Hi Racellyn,

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the funds will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days.

~ Joanne
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Itsuki,

Unfortunately, we can't reverse a withdrawal once it's been initiated. If you haven't received back the funds after 8 business days, let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, please I filled in a wrong account number, and requested payment since 18th October. Do I get a refund back? Since It's a wrong account number??? Please help

Hi,

I putvas well the wrong account number and hope there is a way to redraw the money. 

Hope there is a way. the referral was 5 days ago.

b4e62f65
Community Member

Hi,
I just found out today that the money was transferred to a bank account, but I accidentally typed a wrong account number.
I did register a correct sort code, my name and address. Would the money come back to the account and I can get paid to another account? Or is there any way I can cancel the transfer?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yusuf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths