🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wrong account number
Page options
lailaoronce
Community Member

Wrong account number

Hello. I have entered my card number instead of account number. My bank is BDO. Will it still go through? If not, how can I request to cancel the transfer of payment and get a refund so I can transfer it to the correct one? Many thanks!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Laila,

Unfortunately we can't cancel a withdrawal once it's initiated. Rest assured, since the bank account is not correct, your funds will be reversed back to Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Laila,

Unfortunately we can't cancel a withdrawal once it's initiated. Rest assured, since the bank account is not correct, your funds will be reversed back to Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello i have the same problem.
I put my card number instead of account number.
So maybe it is the reason why until today my withdrawal is doesnt appear on my BDO bank account.
How to reversed it and put it on my "available or pending withdrawal" those funds.
Or who should i call to report it the bank or Upwork?

Hi Shiela,

If there are any issues with your withdrawal, the funds will be reversed back to your Upwork account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

How many working days until it reversed back to my upwork account? That was my 1st week earnings.
I already updated my account number, can i received my 2nd week earnings this coming week to my new account number? how many days or hours does it take?

Hi Shiela,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I've mistakenly input my card number instead of my bank account number and today is the 7th working day that I withdrew the money from Upwork last 13th of October 2021. What best should I do? Can you help me trace my money and back it in Upwork?

Thank you so much, and have a nice day!

Best,

Dianne

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dianne, 

I checked this with the team, and they advised me to wait for the eighth business day to pass because that's the only time they can initiate a trace on the withdrawal. For cases like this, the transaction should automatically be rejected by your bank and then refunded back to your Upwork account. If the refund is not processed by 25-October, UTC, please come back here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
410d4af5
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I will be patiently waiting until next week. Hoping it will be refunded sooner than later. 

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Best,

Dianne 

410d4af5
Community Member

Hello Avery,

This is egarding with my wrong account number issue. The money that I withdrew last Oct. 20, 2021, has been credited back to my Upwork account but my withdrawal dated Oct. 13, 2021, with Ref. ID number 418221096 is not yet credited back. Can you help me assist with these? The first one was credited back to me within 2 days only but the latter took so long.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day!

Best,

Dianne

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dianne Hope,

We understand that receiving your earnings the soonest is very important. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to initiate a trace earlier than 8 business days after the withdrawal is initiated. Please let us know if you still don’t see the funds on your account by the beginning of the next week.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mnbrian
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Can you help me with this one as well? I had the same scenario where I withdrew my funds to my card number instead of the actual bank account number. Please advise. Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nichole Brian, 

This will automatically be rejected by your bank and will be refunded back to your account. If it's been more than eight business days and the funds are yet to be returned to your Upwork account, you can contact Upwork Support by clicking the "Get Support" button at the bottom of this page, or you can update us here, and our team will assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi I have the same problem. I realised that I entered my card number instead of my account number. I just want to know, how long will it take for the money to return to my upwork account. Thanks and best regards.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evan,

Could you please clarify your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
evan0210
Community Member

Hi just an update. Its been 9 working days since I made my first withdrawal in upwork. Instead of my bank account number I entered my card number for ways to get paid. I searched that it will return to my upwrok account after sometime, base on the answers to people with same problem like mine. I know it will take more than a week, but can you please give me an update or is there a way to track it. This the Receipt #: 302052307 of the transaction. Thank you and best regards

Hi Evan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!

I also have the same problem as I input my card number instead of my account number. May I kindly ask when is the earliest return of the fund? Please help. Appreciate.

Hi Naecelle,

This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you. Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! It’s been 7-8 days since I withdrew my previous payment from Upwork in the wrong number. I was told that it will return in my Upwork but up until now, it didn't reflect. Please please help

Hello mam,

Are you able to get your money back I had the same scenario.

Thank you

Hi Joy,

Thanks for reaching out! Please know that this is an older thread. It seems like you also have an issue with withdrawing your earnings to the wrong account number. If this is the case, the funds will be refunded to your Upwork account, which usually takes 7 to 10 days.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Naecelle,

If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I'm back again, unfortunately, it didn't reflect on my Upwork yet. Please help

Hi Naecelle,

Today is your 5th business day, please be patient for 8 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account. 
Rest assured, your funds are not lost and our team can initiate a trace on your transaction after 8 business days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I also have the same problem. I put my debit card number instead of my account number. Will it be transferred back into my account and if so how many days would it take? Thank you

Hi Khamille,

If there are any issues with your withdrawal, the funds will be reversed back to your Upwork account. The withdrawal should return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

HI there! Unfortunately i put the wrong account number and i just realised today when i am suppose to recieve the payment today ,what is the best solution for this ?AS I COULD SEE THE replies already how many days could it take to reverse back my payment ??

If i update the delete the payment method and enter the correct one will it effect if the payment get reversed ?

Hi Hamza,

Feel free to update your payment method, this should not affect the reversal.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi I have the same problem. I realised that I entered my card number instead of my account number. I already received the payment confirmation in my email but still the money is not in my bank account. I have a reference number here 446062981. I just want to know, how long will it take for the money to return to my upwork account? Thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

Daisy Rich N wrote:

I just want to know, how long will it take for the money to return to my upwork account?

Usually, a week to 10 days, sometimes a bit longer.

petra_r
Community Member

The money will return to your Upwork account within one to two weeks.

9551e1ad
Community Member

Do I need to contact my bank for this? Or should i just wait? 

You can contact your bank concerning this, sure, but keep in mind that the money is going to return to you anyway.

petra_r
Community Member

Khamille G wrote:

Do I need to contact my bank for this?

Absolutely no point. Just wait. In the meantime, make sure you change it so it can't happen again

Hi, i had the same problem. I just want to know if your problem was resolved and how many days did it take for you to get your refund?

b65370e5
Community Member

Same issue. I have entered my bank number instead of my account number. Is there any possibility to get it back? Thanks in advance. My bank is LANDBANK of the Philippines.

Hi Jeddahnezz,

Please go to Settings > Get Paid > and next to your payment method click on the three dots, here you will have the option to remove it. 
Once you`ve done this, you can add it again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I have the same problem. I just realize that I mistakenly input my card number instead of my account number. Please help. Thank you
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Clarisse,

Since your account number is not correct, your funds should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you haven't received the funds after 8 business, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths