🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wrong amount deposit for job offer
Page options
hesseboom
Community Member

Wrong amount deposit for job offer

I have an issue here.

A client with an Upwork Plus Client status approached me for an assignment. 

We've checked out the number of words and the price. I waited for the official job offer that came in 24-hours later. 

The job offer was made based on the precious job assignment that was way lower than the actual assignment. I tried to explain this to the client, so I, therefore, declined the offer. 

The client mentioned that she is unable to redo the job offer because it is not being accepted by Upwork. Is this true or not? Or are we dealing with something else here? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update: 

The client had issues with the credit card. They got it solved and got the job with a higher rate than was first offered. Thank you for your help! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hillianthe,

Unfortunately, since you`ve already declined the offer the client will not be able to hire you on the same job post. They will need to send you an offer from another job post so that you can receive and have a contract formed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Hillianthe E wrote:

The job offer was made based on the precious job assignment that was way lower than the actual assignment. I tried to explain this to the client, so I, therefore, declined the offer. 

The client mentioned that she is unable to redo the job offer because it is not being accepted by Upwork. Is this true or not? Or are we dealing with something else here? 

Whether the client is an Upwork Plus client or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether the client's payment method is verified or not. Is it? (You can see it on the right on the job post, under "About the client") 

verified.png

There is no reason why the client shouldn't be able to create a new offer, no. Upwork does not prevent them from doing so unless the client is not payment method verified or there is an issue with the client's account. 

Update: 

The client had issues with the credit card. They got it solved and got the job with a higher rate than was first offered. Thank you for your help! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths